This programme aims to support community pharmacy professionals to deliver the NHS Discharge Medicines Service. It will enable pharmacy professionals in other settings to understand how their role links to the patient’s journey through this service.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- outline the context for the introduction of the NHS Discharge Medicines Service
- summarise the stages of the NHS Discharge Medicines Service delivered by community pharmacy professionals and how you can support delivery in your own role
- discuss the benefits of the NHS Discharge Medicines Service with patients
- relate the NHS Discharge Medicines Service to the national principles of medicines optimisation
- plan the steps you and your pharmacy team will need to take to deliver or support the service
- support person-centred consultations with patients referred through the service, to improve their understanding of their medicines.
How to use this programme
You can access this e-learning programme using a web browser on any device. You will need to be connected to the internet while you work through it.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees
- CPPE registrants