The aim of this programme is to support you to apply underpinning safeguarding knowledge and develop the confidence and skills to identify and report safeguarding concerns you encounter in practice. It will enable you to consider how you can take a person-centred approach to safeguarding and understand how you can meet your safeguarding responsibilities in whichever sector(s) of practice you work.
Please note: completion of this programme is not sufficient on its own to meet the core Level 2 safeguarding training requirements. Pharmacy professionals must also complete the elearning for healthcare (elfh) Level 1 & 2 learning and assessments (or equivalent). You can access the elfh safeguarding programmes here:
Safeguarding adults Level 1
Safeguarding adults Level 2
Safeguarding children Level 1
Safeguarding children Level 2
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- explain your role and responsibilities in safeguarding adults, children and young people
- recognise potential signs of neglect and abuse that you may encounter in pharmacy practice across integrated care systems
- use your knowledge of guidance and legislation to identify safeguarding concerns where a person lacks the mental capacity to consent and make decisions for themselves
- take appropriate action when you identify a safeguarding concern, including seeking advice, reporting, appropriately sharing information and recording your concerns
- apply your learning to take a person-centred approach to safeguarding concerns
- build a toolkit of resources to support you and your pharmacy team when dealing with safeguarding concerns.
How to use this programme
You can access this e-learning programme using a web browser on any device. You will need to be connected to the internet while you work through it.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Trainee pharmacists