Please note these workshops are available where commissioned locally and by HEE to support the delivery of the NHS Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (CPCS) by community pharmacists.
The aim of this workshop is to support pharmacists to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to undertake effective consultations, communications and clinical assessments in order to provide the NHS Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (CPCS).
If you have previously attended a DMIRs event, the learning in NHS CPCS full day study day is the same so you do not need to attend.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- describe the clinical history taking process
- apply tools and techniques to demonstrate a structured person-centred approach to clinical history taking
- apply evidence-based practice and relevant guidance to support clinical reasoning and engage the person in shared decision making, such as NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries
- identify presenting red flags in the consultation to enable safe, effective, clinical transfer of the individual
- demonstrate a safe and effective closure to the consultation including safety netting, signposting and referral when necessary
- apply the principles of hygiene and hand washing in a clinical setting
- demonstrate and practice a range of clinical examination skills
- interpret and apply clinical assessment test results and findings to aid clinical diagnosis and decisions
- practice a holistic approach to the care of individuals by promoting self-care and prevention measures in the consultation
- complete an accurate and concise clinical record to support data sharing across healthcare settings and transfer of care.
How to use this programme
When you book onto this workshop you will be able to access the resources that you need to complete your learning. If there is a pre-workshop book associated with your workshop, then this will be sent to you in the post and you will also be able to download it in PDF form.
At the workshop your facilitator will provide any materials for you to refer to and complete during the event.