The aim of this programme is to support pharmacists to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to undertake effective consultations, communications and clinical assessments in order to provide the NHS community pharmacist consultation service (NHS CPCS).
This workshop is part of a programme made up of two components, you must complete both to meet the learning objectives below. This means that you need to ensure that you work through materials in the associated self-directed e-course ahead of attending the online workshop. For more information see the details at https://www.cppe.ac.uk/services/cpcs
If you have previously attended a face-to-face NHS Community Pharmacist Consultation service or DMIRs event you will not be able to book this online event.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- describe the clinical history taking process
- apply tools and techniques to demonstrate a structured person-centred approach to clinical history taking
- apply evidence-based practice and relevant guidance to support clinical reasoning and engage the person in shared decision making, such as NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries
- identify presenting red flags in the consultation to enable safe, effective, “warm” clinical transfer of the individual
- demonstrate a safe and effective closure to the consultation including safety netting, signposting and referral when necessary
- apply the principles of hygiene and hand washing in a clinical setting
- describe a range of clinical examination skills
- interpret and apply clinical assessment test results and findings to aid clinical diagnosis and decisions
- practice a holistic approach to the care of individuals by promoting self-care and prevention measures in the consultation
- complete an accurate and concise clinical record to support data sharing across healthcare settings and transfer of care.
How to use this programme
Our online workshops are run using Zoom. Before your workshop, you will receive an email from the lead tutor inviting you to register for the Zoom event. You must complete this registration in advance, or you will be unable to access the session. Please make a note of the lead tutor’s name when you book so that you can contact them if you do not receive the Zoom registration link.
- You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the online workshop.
- To get the most from this workshop we recommend that you use a laptop or desktop computer.
- You will be expected to put your camera on for some or all of the event.
- This event must not be undertaken while travelling, or in a public place.
If you register for this event you must cancel your place if you cannot attend. Failure to do this may result in restrictions being placed on your CPPE account.
Learning intended for
- Trainee pharmacists