The latest medicines optimisation briefing and article focus on dementia and are available for all pharmacy professionals working in any sector of healthcare.
We are working with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) on a fourth series of medicines optimisation briefings and articles. The four principles of medicines optimisation1 describe how healthcare professionals can enable patients to improve their quality of life and outcomes from medicines use.
Medicines optimisation principles
- Aim to understand the patient's experience
- Evidence-based choice of medicines
- Ensure medicines use is as safe as possible
- Make medicines optimisation part of routine practice
Topics covered in this series
- Picton C and Wright H. Medicines optimisation: helping patients to make the most of medicines - good practice guidance for healthcare professionals in England. Royal Pharmaceutical Society. 2013.