Improve patient outcomes
We provide a variety of learning programmes and assessments linked to clinical pharmacy and therapeutics. Our programmes support you to advance your knowledge and skills and deliver medicines optimisation in practice for all sectors of pharmacy. Access our new Biochemistry gateway page, Optimise programmes or our Asthma focal point. If you are looking for a fast way to keep up to date with changes in the British National Formulary (BNF), download our latest interactive PDF, What’s new in BNF?
You can use our search facility at the top of the page to look for a clinical and therapeutic topic to help advance your knowledge and skills. You might like to use BNF categories, common disease states and therapeutic titles to aid you in your search for a topic. Once in the search results page, select the Programme tab to access filter options for different learning formats (face-to-face, distance learning and assessment).
Take a look at our new clinical pharmacy gateway pages - click the clinical pharmacy button at the top of the page, then select a topic from the menu.
Our clinical pharmacy and therapeutics pathway will help you to:
- access our updated Medicines Safety App
- book on to a one-day primary care pharmacy study day like Clinical medication review or Mental health and wellbeing
- complete a primary care clinical programme such as Clinical history-taking: what a good consultation looks like or Patient safety in general practice
- find links to clinical networks and connect with like-minded pharmacy professionals
- find out about clinical programmes relevant to hospital pharmacy, such as the CPPE Leading for change programme and our full Optimise portfolio, including the most recent titles: VTE - Focus on reducing the risk of hospital-associated venous thromboembolism and Deprescribing
- identify clinical programmes that are suitable for your learning needs – search for a clinical topic from our learning portfolio
- play your part in key priorities to improve patient care such as improving transfer of care, spotting risk factors for polypharmacy, acute kidney injury and supporting people with mental health needs
- study a focal point topic or access theLearningpharmacy.com™
- view our recent releases and programmes relating to NHS priorities.