This learning programme is designed to support pharmacy professionals currently delivering, or planning to deliver, a weight management service in the community. The aim of this resource is to support learners to acquire the knowledge, develop the skills and demonstrate the attitudes necessary to offer a high-quality weight management service.
On completion of all apects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- understand the aims of a weight management service as part of the local provision
- understand the main features of a weight management programme and be aware of other methods of weight management
- know how and when to refer clients on, via local referral pathways
- provide appropriate advice on healthy diet and physical activity
- understand how to assess a person’s motivation, identify barriers to change and know how to deal appropriately with lapses
- demonstrate the ability to effectively use behavioural change interventions as part of a weight management service.
How to use this programme
You can download the materials you will need to run your event including a facilitator’s guide and any relevant presentations
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees