Work your way around the Dermatology learning topic, taking part in bite-sized interactive challenges that will help you and your team support people presenting with a range of minor ailments, such as athlete’s foot, acne, thrush, warts or verrucae.
You can access this learning here: Dermatology - theLearningpharmacy.com
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- describe new methods of engaging with patients and the public
- develop and run an effective health promotion campaign in your pharmacy
- provide advice and signposting on self-care and public health
- explain how to deal effectively with patient queries about long term conditions or medicines
- support a person presenting with a new prescription
- explain how you would develop and deliver a successful pharmacy service
- describe how to advise appropriately a patient requesting an OTC medicine
- become more confident in dealing with therapeutic challenges and prescription interventions
- explain how you would work in partnership with other healthcare professionals to support patients
- identify and meet the professional development needs of the pharmacy team.
How to use this programme
theLearningpharmacy.com™ is easily accessed at www.theLearningpharmacy.com™ and has been developed for everyone in the community pharmacy. When you visit the site you can choose from a selection of topics or "pharmacy floors" where you can select and work through practice-based, bite-sized learning challenges. Each challenge provides 10-15 minutes of quality learning and they’ve been developed to be fun and interactive.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees
- CPPE registrants