The overall aim of this programme is to apply your knowledge and skills to help you manage and optimise care for patients living with dementia and their carers.
If you want to receive hard copies of these materials for you and your colleagues please access them through the Learning communities section of our website.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- outline adjustments you and your practice team could make to improve general practice consultations for patients living with dementia and their family/carers
- discuss the issue of anticholinergic burden in patients with dementia and be familiar with the tools used to calculate anticholinergic burden
- consider the use of antipsychotics in dementia and your role in ensuring they are prescribed appropriately
- signpost patients and their carers to local support services
- become a Dementia Friends Champion and engage your practice with the initiative.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees