Pharmacy technicians are ideally placed to support patients to make the most of their medicines and this programme is designed to equip you to undertake this role.
This learning programme will help you to understand the needs of patients and to choose the best solution for medicines support, allowing patients to take their medicines effectively, while maintaining their independence.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- identify how patients' experiences of living with a health condition can affect how they take their medicines
- summarise the tools that can be used to optimise medicines
- describe the compliance aids and supportive strategies that can help patients to make the most of their medicines
- apply some of the best practice examples currently used by pharmacy technicians working in medicines support to develop your own role and workplace
- apply the principles of medicines optimisation to enable patients to make the most of their medicine.
How to use this programme
On your computer: You can access this e-learning programme through your web browser on your computer. You will need to be connected to the internet while you work through it.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees
- CPPE registrants