This e-lecture complements the CPPE learning available about substance misuse by covering the misuse of anabolic steroids and how needle and syringe programmes can support this group.
Download a copy of the transcript here
By the end of this e-lecture you will be able to:
- describe the use of anabolic steroids and their side effects
- explain the reasons for concurrent use of other medicines
- identify what equipment is required when providing a needle and syringe programme
- evaluate the harm reduction advice you would give to anabolic steroid users.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees
- CPPE registrants