The aim of this e-course is to improve your knowledge and skills in respiratory therapeutics. This will enable you to provide a person-centred approach to support the healthcare of people living with respiratory disease.
To facilitate your learning, we have structured the course into eight units. Some units are larger than others, but we estimate that you will need to commit an average of three hours of learning for each unit.
- Unit 1 – Introduction to the respiratory system
- Unit 2 – Inhaler technique and nebuliser use
- Unit 3 – Common respiratory conditions
- Unit 4 – Asthma
- Unit 5 – Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Unit 6 – Cystic fibrosis (CF)
- Unit 7 – Tuberculosis (TB)
- Unit 8 – Interstitial lung disease (ILD)
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme, you should be able to:
- describe and explain the core anatomy and function of the respiratory system
- describe the role of a pharmacy professional in supporting someone with respiratory disease
- identify sources of information to support people living with respiratory disease
- demonstrate a holistic, person-centred approach to the care of people living with respiratory disease
- apply safe and appropriate medicines optimisation for people with respiratory disease
- use current respiratory guidelines and standards to support evidence-based decisions around the treatment of respiratory disease.
How to use this programme
Our e-courses are run online. The programme runs in Canvas™ and you will be registered by CPPE and informed of your login details. This e-course is self-directed. This means that you can work through the course at a time and pace that suits you. There is a menu on the left hand side of the page to navigate through each area and you can access each unit and its content separately.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Trainee pharmacists