This programme aims to demystify quality improvement (QI) and will help you explain why it is relevant to healthcare and your area of work. It provides an overview of commonly used QI tools to help you start to think through your problem or issue and the opportunity to apply learning to practice.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- describe what quality improvement is
- recognise how leadership is important in driving change
- list common triggers for quality improvement activities
- apply quality improvement tools to complete a quality improvement cycle
- explain why quality improvement is important in healthcare
- identify a quality improvement opportunity
- describe commonly quality improvement tools
- explain why engagement with others is vital for sustaining change
- describe tools and resources you can use to develop quality improvement in your practice.
How to use this programme
You can access this e-learning programme using a web browser on any device. You will need to be connected to the internet while you work through it.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees
- CPPE registrants