This e-learning from CPPE has been developed to support pharmacy technicians with dispensary-based calculations to ensure accuracy and safety when preparing, dispensing and checking prescriptions for patients.
After completing this e-learning programme, you should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of basic mathematical concepts
- explain how medicine strengths are expressed
- describe sources and consequences of errors and methods to reduce these
- apply methods to calculate medicine doses for adult and paediatric patients
- calculate medicine doses based on body weight and body surface area
- complete a variety of pharmacy dispensary-based calculations accurately.
How to use this programme
You can access this e-learning programme through your web browser on any device. You will need to be connected to the internet while you work through it.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees