This workshop is only for pharmacy professionals who are taking part in Primary care pharmacy education pathway.
The case-based discussion (CbD) assessment is a retrospective structured discussion, designed to assess your input into patient care.
The CbD encourages you to reflect on your practice and allows your peers and your assessor to ask questions about your professional judgement, clinical decision-making and the application of pharmaceutical knowledge in the care of your patients.
The Case based discussion focuses on the following areas:
- application of pharmaceutical knowledge and skills in order to undertake and support structured medication reviews (SMR) and manage pharmaceutical care plans (in partnership with the patient)
- a person-centred approach
- reasoning and judgement skills including identification of problems and clinical decision-making skills
- the ability to apply evidence to practice or work with conflicting evidence
- the ability to recognise and manage complexity safely, including identification and stratification of risk
- professional autonomy
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians