This event is only for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians who are taking part in one of the primary care extended education pathways.
The aim of this case study and associated online workshop is to update your clinical knowledge on type 2 diabetes and its associated complications and apply this to people with complex medical needs. To complete the learning for this case, you will also need to access the ‘Role of the Dietician in Primary Care’ webinar. To find the booking information please access your cohort page on the canvas pathway notice board.
On completion of all aspects of this learning progrmame you should be able to:
- describe prediabetes and support people to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes developing
- optimise medicines for people with type 2 diabetes
- develop a care plan detailing the pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of type 2 diabetes
- describe the importance of person-centred care for people with Alzheimer’s disease
- manage the pharmaceutical care of people who develop atrial fibrillation (AF) and have a stroke
- make appropriate recommendations for medicines administration for people with swallowing difficulties
- recognise covert administration and be able to advise care home staff appropriately
- describe the additional care required for people who have percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) tubes
- discuss the challenges of meeting nutritional needs of care home residents
- show an understanding of national guidelines and local guidance for provision of optimum nutritional care in care homes
- explain the role of a dietitian within a care setting.
How to use this programme
Our online workshops are run using Zoom. Before your workshop, you will receive an email from the lead tutor inviting you to register for the Zoom event. You must complete this registration in advance, or you will be unable to access the session. Please make a note of the lead tutor’s name when you book so that you can contact them if you do not receive the Zoom registration link.
- You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the online workshop.
- To get the most from this workshop we recommend that you use a laptop or desktop computer.
- You will be expected to put your camera on for some or all of the event.
- This event must not be undertaken while travelling, or in a public place.
If you register for this event you must cancel your place if you cannot attend. Failure to do this may result in restrictions being placed on your CPPE account.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians