PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to book onto this event if you have previously attended the two day residential event.
This two day online workshop is part of four days in module 1 covering essential topics for pharmacy professionals working in primary care on the national pathway.
- Day 1 online workshop with a 2.5 hour session morning and afternoon with a one hour break for lunch.
- Day 2, one week later also has two sessions with a lunch break.
The days will help you develop the knowledge, skills and confidence for tasks including alerts, incidents, medicines reconciliation, answering medication queries and conducting structured medication reviews.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- describe the background to the Primary care pharmacy education pathway and explain the benefits and challenges of the programme
- describe the context within which healthcare professionals work in primary care networks (PCNs)
- identify stakeholders and consider how to engage with the multidisciplinary team
- explain how your role as a pharmacy professional working in a PCN can develop during the pathway
- apply essential skills in transfer-of-care issues, medicines reconciliation, responding to patient safety alerts and incident reporting
- identify and prioritise patient groups for clinical pharmacy professional review
- describe the role of CQC and the CQC medicines team
- identify current areas of risk related to medicines
- describe the role of pharmacy professionals in identifying, highlighting and minimizing risks related to medicines in primary care.
Day 2 (and associated e-course)
- document answers to medicines-related queries accurately and comprehensively
- apply a structured approach to medicines reconciliation
- assess the safety and clinical appropriateness of medicines in frail older people
- identify people who are at increased risk of falls and fractures
- undertake person-centred structured medication reviews
- advise on the administration of medicines in people with swallowing difficulties..
How to use this programme
Our online workshops are run using Zoom. Before your workshop, you will receive an email from the lead tutor inviting you to register for the Zoom event. You must complete this registration in advance, or you will be unable to access the session. Please make a note of the lead tutor’s name when you book so that you can contact them if you do not receive the Zoom registration link.
- You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the online workshop.
- To get the most from this workshop we recommend that you use a laptop or desktop computer.
- You will be expected to put your camera on for some or all of the event.
- This event must not be undertaken while travelling, or in a public place.
If you register for this event you must cancel your place if you cannot attend. Failure to do this may result in restrictions being placed on your CPPE account.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians