The immune system exists to protect us from invading pathogens such as bacteria or viruses. This case study will support pharmacy professionals to explore how to integrate nutrition into pharmacy roles to support people in practice.
On completion of all aspects of this programme you should be able to:
- describe the role of pharmacy professionals in supporting informative nutrition conversations as part of holistic person-centred care
- describe how the microbiome affects medicines absorption, nutrition absorption and provides protection for the immune system
- describe the link between medicines, nutrition and the microbiome
- identify how nutrition impacts specific health and diseases
- apply nutritional interventions to positively impact the microbiome and improve people’s health.
How to use this programme
You can access this e-learning programme using a web browser on any device. You will need to be connected to the internet while you work through it.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Trainee pharmacists