The aim of this learning programme is to update your knowledge about NICE Guideline 56 Multimorbidity: clinical assessment and management, and show how you can apply it, particularly in the general practice setting.
If you want to receive hard copies of these materials for you and your colleagues please access them through the Learning communities section of our website.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- explain what multimorbidity is and why it will become increasingly important in general practice
- describe the key stages in identifying and caring for patients with multiple long-term conditions
- develop some phrases and techniques for conducting patient-centred consultations taking account of their goals, values and priorities
- devise a plan to develop patient-centred consultations in practice.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees