The overall aim of this course is to equip you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours that you need to develop a structured process for undertaking person-centred clinical medication review. It is suitable for pharmacy professionals working in any sector of practice, particularly those working in community pharmacy or starting off in general practice or care homes.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- describe the importance of shared decision-making and recognise its value in the clinical medication review process
- identify gaps in the information needed to undertake clinical medication review
- use evidence-based reference sources appropriately to support clinical decision-making
- demonstrate clinical knowledge of the most commonly used medicines in the treatment of long-term conditions
- develop an appropriate level of clinical judgment and skills to provide prioritised recommendations to a prescriber resulting from a clinical medication review.
How to use this programme
Once you have booked your place you will be emailed a link to log on to the Canvas learning environment – the online platform used by CPPE to host e-courses.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees