Please note: this two day residential event is for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians participating in the Medicines optimisation in care homes training for pharmacy professionals pathway.
The aim of module 3 clinical assessment skills residential is to develop pharmacy professionals’ clinical assessment skills to assess residents within the care home setting. You will use clinical assessment skills to support effective history taking and person-centred care.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- describe common cardiovascular, respiratory and abdominal conditions within the care home setting
- recognise the clinically focused anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular, respiratory and abdominal systems
- demonstrate ability to conduct a full cardiovascular, respiratory and abdominal assessment where this is appropriate to your role
- conduct a full patient history-taking process to either formulate your own differential diagnosis or to inform another member of the multidisciplinary team
- ensure you are able to conduct a full ABCDE assessment, to either treat and manage the patient appropriately, or refer the patient for expert or emergency review
- assess the patient’s mental capacity to make decisions about their own health
- explain the symptoms of delirium and conduct a delirium assessment
- evaluate a top-to-toe assessment and recognise red flags.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians