The aim of this e-learning programme is to support you to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to support patients to use prescribed controlled drugs safely and effectively, with a focus on controlled drugs used in chronic pain. It will allow you to explore the risks, challenges and consequences associated with a growing use of prescribed controlled drugs, and how to apply a shared decision-making approach to discussions involving controlled drugs.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- describe the risks, challenges and consequences associated with a growing use of prescribed controlled drugs
- identify people who may benefit from support with their use of controlled drugs
- support patients with chronic pain to consider alternative options to controlled drugs use
- develop your professional network to support you to deliver personalised care for people taking controlled drugs
- apply a shared decision-making approach to discussions involving controlled drugs
- apply your learning to make changes to your practice to improve the safe and effective use of controlled drugs.
How to use this programme
You can access this e-learning programme using a web browser on any device. You will need to be connected to the internet while you work through it.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Trainee pharmacists
- CPPE registrants