The aim of this piece of learning is to help you become more confident with biochemistry results and managing medicines in relation to the results. We have a series of case studies on different topics to help put your learning into practice.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- describe what troponin is
- explain to a patient why troponin levels are measured
- interpret a patients troponin results to determine if someone has had a myocardial infarction
- interpret brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels to determine if someone has heart failure.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees
- CPPE registrants