The overall aim of this programme is to support you to develop your skills to engage with patients and the public about antimicrobial stewardship and develop your knowledge and skills to optimise the prescribing of antimicrobials.
If you want to receive hard copies of these materials for you and your colleagues please access them through the Learning communities section of our website.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- debate current issues surrounding the use of antibiotics and look at different approaches that are used in practice
- assess how the antimicrobial toolkit (TARGET toolkit) can be used to engage and educate patients, and discuss how to promote awareness of antimicrobial stewardship to patients and the public
- familiarise yourself with local antimicrobial resistance, stewardship initiatives and national guidance
- examine national and local antimicrobial guidelines for a common infectio
- discuss how to engage and support the multidisciplinary team to optimise prescribing of antimicrobials.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees