This programme is designed to support pharmacy professionals currently delivering, or planning to deliver, pharmacy services for substance misusers in the community. It focuses on how to communicate effectively with clients and how to provide a service that meets local needs.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- outline the requirements for delivering pharmacy services for substance misusers
- understand the range of injecting paraphernalia available via needle and syringe programmes
- provide harm reduction advice to substance misusers
- advise on safer injecting practices and safe disposal of equipment
- demonstrate the ability to carry out successful interventions for users of needle and syringe programmes.
How to use this programme
You can download the materials you will need to run your event including a facilitator’s guide and any relevant presentations
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees