This open learning programme considers the appropriate prescribing of antibiotics and the steps that pharmacists and pharmacy technicians can take to make sure they are not used indiscriminately.
On completion of all aspects of this programme you should be able to:
- advise prescribers on the appropriate and inappropriate use of antimicrobial therapy
- support public awareness campaigns on avoiding the use of antibiotics
- design learning materials for your team and your customers on avoiding antibiotic resistance
- develop a protocol to support the introduction of infection control in your workplace
- demonstrate your understanding of the importance of vaccination campaigns.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees
- CPPE registrants