PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to book onto this event if you have previously attended the two day residential event.
This two day online workshop is part of four days in module 1 covering essential topics for pharmacy professionals working in primary care on the national pathway.
- Day 3 online workshop is split into two with 2.5 hours in the morning, 2.5 hours in the afternoon and a one hour break for lunch.
- Day 4, one week later, is a three hour half-day session.
The days will help you develop the knowledge skills and confidence needed to carry out effective communication and consultations and develop your role in primary care. It is intended for those on the national Primary care pharmacy education pathway.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- apply key skills to communicate effectively with people
- apply key skills, models and techniques that support a person-centred approach
- describe considerations that should be made when undertaking consultations with older people, children and young adults and people with learning disabilities
- critique your own consultation practice and that of your peers using a reflective tool
- demonstrate a greater confidence in delivering a person-centred approach to the consultation .
Day 4 (and associated e-course)
- describe the clinical history taking process
- identify red flags when taking a clinical history
- apply the principles of hygiene and handwashing in a clinical setting
- describe a range of clinical examination skills
- recognise the presentation of sepsis
- describe how to measure blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rate, pulse oximetry and peak flow.
How to use this programme
Our online workshops are run using Zoom. Before your workshop, you will receive an email from the lead tutor inviting you to register for the Zoom event. You must complete this registration in advance, or you will be unable to access the session. Please make a note of the lead tutor’s name when you book so that you can contact them if you do not receive the Zoom registration link.
- You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the online workshop.
- To get the most from this workshop we recommend that you use a laptop or desktop computer.
- You will be expected to put your camera on for some or all of the event.
- This event must not be undertaken while travelling, or in a public place.
If you register for this event you must cancel your place if you cannot attend. Failure to do this may result in restrictions being placed on your CPPE account.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians