The aim of this programme is to support pharmacy professionals to provide an appropriate person-centred pharmaceutical service for people during palliative care, and for their carers.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- describe what palliative care is and how national guidance has influenced palliative care services
- communicate confidently with people and their carers regarding palliative care, respecting their wishes and responding when things go wrong
- support the management of key symptoms that people might experience during palliative care and at the end of life
- identify the palliative care multidisciplinary team in your local area and their respective roles
- explain the role of the pharmacy professional in the care of people who are accessing palliative care within national priorities
- respond to issues raised with the supply of medicines and products for palliative care without compromising person-centred care.
How to use this programme
Our e-courses are run online. The programme runs in Canvas™ and you will be registered by CPPE and informed of your login details. This e-course is self-directed. This means that you can work through the course at a time and pace that suits you. The course does build on each topic as you progress so we recommend that you work through the units in order.
There is a menu on the left hand side of the page to navigate through each area and you can access each unit and its content separately.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees