In this 30 minute podcast, you will hear about the EQUIP study from two of its principal pharmacist investigators, Professor Darren Ashcroft and Steve Williams. They discuss the background to the study, its key findings and recommendations and how it is affecting the role and perception of pharmacists in hospital.
Duration: 30:01 mins.
After listening to the podcast and completing your workbook, you should be able to:
- discuss the background to the EQUIP study
- list the main results and recommendations of the EQUIP study
- identify three ways in which pharmacists can intervene or have intervened to prevent, limit or minimise the effects of prescribing errors
- discuss with your colleagues how to produce better outcomes for your patients from the interventions you make
- explain how you plan to extend your interventions to improve patientoutcomes.
How to use this programme
You can listen to this podcast online or download the audio file and listen to it later.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees
- CPPE registrants