This workshop is part of a range of learning materials which have been developed collaboratively by pharmacy organisations to support the delivery of the new medicine service (NMS). All the materials have been designed to help you deliver the new medicine service in your practice, offering consistently high levels of patient care.
The guide is considered the pre-event learning for this workshop.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- understand why the new medicine service is important to patients, the pharmacy profession and the NHS
- consider approaches to help patients understand why they would benefit from taking their medicine
- take a patient-centred approach to delivering the new medicine service which puts the patient at ease and encourages them to answer open and honestly
- describe the steps of the new medicine service
- demonstrate good approaches to the patient consultations through role play
- construct an action plan for your pharmacy on implementation of this service which manages differing priorities to maximise patient care.
How to use this programme
You can download the materials you will need to run your event including a facilitator’s guide and any relevant presentations
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees