The overall aim of this course is to equip you with the key knowledge, skills and behaviours to support patients prescribed a new medicine for the first time and enable you and the pharmacy team to deliver a patient-centred, high-quality new medicine service.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- describe the evidence base and background to the development of the new medicine service and the expected outcomes
- explain the key role the pharmacy team has in supporting patients with adherence and helping them to make decisions about their medicines
- consider the key skills and behaviours required to ensure quality in delivery and improved patient outcomes
- undertake a patient-centred approach to support individuals with their medicines
- apply the national practice standards for consultation skills within the NMS consultation
- feel confident in your knowledge of adverse drug reactions and how to consider these appropriately within your consultation
- have a clear plan of how to take a collaborative approach to implementation and delivery of a high-quality service.
How to use this programme
Once you have booked your place you will be emailed a link to log on to the Canvas learning environment – the online platform used by CPPE to host e-courses.
Learning intended for
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pre-registration trainees