This workshop is designed as a practical, interactive learning session to provide an introduction to the clinical observation, assessment and examination skills needed in the management of patients with cardiovascular disease. The workshop will be led by experienced GPs who will support you to practise new skills.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- apply the essential steps in a cardiovascular history
- list the steps involved in the examination of the cardiovascular system
- explain commonly used terminology relating to cardiovascular signs and symptoms
- describe the patient-perspective of living with cardiovascular disease
- apply clinical reasoning to the assessment of cardiovascular signs and symptoms
- demonstrate cardiovascular history taking and a systematic cardiovascular examination
- plan your cardiovascular history taking and systematic examination in general practice.
How to use this programme
We will post the pre-workshop preparation for this workshop on Canvas at least 2 weeks prior to the event.