We are pleased to announce that all of our programmes are available to book for the April – September 2021 semester.
All of our workshops for the 2021 period have been developed to suit your working from home needs and will be facilitated over Zoom by our expert pharmacy professional tutors.
This means you can learn and advance your skills from anywhere in the country, removing the cost of travel and potential risk to your safety during the pandemic.
Please browse through our wide range of core programmes below. Click on the links to find out more and to book your place today:
- Antimicrobial stewardship: focus on optimising antimicrobial prescribing - this programme will support you to make antimicrobial stewardship a routine part of your practice: www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l?t=Antimicro-EW-01&evid=
- Asthma - this programme will encourage you to explore how you can support people to manage their asthma, reduce complications and improve their quality of life: www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l?t=ASTHMA-EW-01&evid=
- Medicines optimisation in care homes essential skills - this event aims to support those of you working in primary care to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to implement strategies to optimise medicines use for people living in care homes: www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l?t=CPGPEM3-EW-01&evid=
- Consultation skills: introducing a person centred approach - the aim of this programme is to support you to develop the key skills needed to ensure that you are confident in delivering high-quality, person-centred consultations: www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l?t=Consult-EW-01&evid=
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) – this event will encourage you to use a person-centred approach to empower people living with COPD to self-manage their condition:www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l/copd-ew-01/
- NHS Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (CPCS): essential skills - this programme aims to support pharmacists to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to undertake effective consultations, communications and clinical assessments in order to provide the NHS CPCS:www.cppe.ac.uk/services/cpcs
- Supporting patients living with dementia – this workshop will support you to optimise your care for those living with dementia and their carers: www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l?t=SuppPtsDem-EW-01&evid=
- Deprescribing – this session explores how you can contribute towards safe and appropriate deprescribing of medicines: www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l?t=Deprescribe-EW-01&evid=
- Depression - this programme will equip you to identify how you can address the concerns of people with depression, optimise their medicines and achieve better health outcomes: www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l?t=Depress-EW-01&evid=
- Emergency contraception - this session aims to support you to provide high-quality emergency contraception services as part of your pharmacy practice. It is also an opportunity to hear from an expert in contraception and sexual health: www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l?t=EHC-EW-01&evid=
- Falls prevention - the aim of this workshop is to increase your understanding of falls and how the pharmacy team can help prevent and support those who have had a fall: www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l?t=Falls-EW-01&evid=
- Leading for change- this fully funded programme is open to mid-to-senior grade pharmacy professionals who work in primary or secondary care, Health and Justice or the armed forces who have completed their foundation level practice and are working at, or towards, advanced level practice. This programme has been updated so all aspects are delivered virtually: www.cppe.ac.uk/therapeutics/hospital-leadership
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005 and covert administration of medicines - this programme will develop your skills to support you to optimise care for patients who may lack the mental capacity to make decisions in relation to their medicines: www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l?t=MENTALcap-EW-01&evid=
- Neurology and dementia in primary care - this event will encourage you to consider how to support people living with multiple sclerosis, parkinson’s, acquired brain injury and lewy body dementia. The programme will also update your clinical knowledge of the pharmaceutical management of these long-term neurological conditions to enable you to help facilitate the transfer of care between different care settings: www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l?t=PCP-W-01&evid=
You can click here to find a full A-Z list of our workshops: www.cppe.ac.uk/programme-listings/e-workshops